Catherine Ottaway is Head of the firm’s Commercial Litigation Department. at all stages of the process, providing legal advice and representing the parties during the pre-litigation and litigation phases. Trained as a mediator, she uses alternative dispute resolution tools when appropriate. She works on complex cases for industrial, service, financial, real estate companies, whether listed or private.
Fields of Specialisation :
> Commercial law and business law (contractual liability, warranty actions, directors and officers liability, shareholders’ disputes, unfair competition, expert-appraisal proceedings, enforcement proceedings, …),
> Insolvency law (takeover bids, special purpose receiverships, conciliations, judicial reorganization and liquidation proceedings, filing of proofs of claims), whether acting on behalf of the debtor companies, creditors or bidders.
> Commercial leases (negotiation, performance and enforcement of leases, renewal of leases, indemnities for termination/eviction …), whether acting on behalf of the landlords or the tenants, and
> Criminal business law.
> 2018: World Bank Certificate
> 2014: Certificate of specialisation in commercial law, business law and competition law
> 1996: Certificate of specialisation in commercial law.
Catherine Ottaway is ranked as “Excellent” in the area of Litigation & Arbitration & Mediation (Leaders League). She has received recognition from Who’s Who Legal France in the field of Insolvency & Restructuring.
Who’s Who Legal lists only the leading practitioners in each field, based exclusively on the findings of an independent six-month research process and is ranked as “notorious practice” in restructuring together with other Departments of the firm.
Catherine Ottaway has received in 2018 and 2019 a World Bank Certificate of appreciation for her contribution to the Doing Business report (World Bank Group).
- Since 2005 — Hoche Avocats
- 1990–2005 — Ginestié, Paley-Vincent & Associés
- 1985–1990 — Baudel, Sales, Vincent & Georges
- 1983–1984 — Karsenty & Associés.
- 1984 — Admitted to the Paris Bar.
- 2015/2019 — Member of the Board of INSOL INTERNATIONAL, as the association representative of the Association of Insolvency Practitioners « INSOL EUROPE » (www.insol-europe.org)
- 2014/2015 — Immediate Past President of the Association of Insolvency Practitioners « INSOL EUROPE »
- 2013/2014 — President of the Association of Insolvency Practitioners « INSOL EUROPE »
- 2001 — Mediator at the Association of the European Mediators.
- 1983 — Postgraduate degree (DESS) in insurance law, University of Paris II Panthéon-Assas.
- 1982 — Master in judicial careers, University of Paris II Panthéon-Assas.