Tel. +33 (0)1 53 93 22 00
Bastien MATHIEU joined Hoche Avocats in 2023.
He holds a doctorate in law and has been practicing for more than 20 years as an associate and then partner at FLV et Associés.
He advises clients in business litigation and arbitration in various sectors, in particular the agri-food, textile, and industrial sectors, and particularly the automotive industry. Bastien also brings specific skills in distribution law and franchising.
He is also:
– Mediator of the mediation center of the automotive industry since 2008;
– Member of the French Association for the Study of Competition (AFEC);
– Member of the International Association of Lawyers (UIA).
Publications – Speeches:
“The breach of the distributor’s contract in the new automotive exemption regulation” published in Les Petites Affiches, (November 29, 2002);
“Trademark infringement: vigilance is required for car spare parts resellers” Jurisprudence automobile – (September 2009);
Various commentaries of the Commission d’Examen des Pratiques Commerciales (CEPC – Actualités Juridiques des contrats d’affaires – Dalloz 2014 – 2016);
“Dispute Resolutions in France” in Corporate Dispute (Round Table – July 2016).
- Since 2023 — Hoche Avocats
- 2007 - 2022 — Partner, FLV & Associés
- 2000 - 2006 — Associate, FLV & Associés
- 2000 — PhD in Law under the direction of Professor Gilbert Parléani - University of Versailles Saint-Quentin
- 1996 — DEA (post-graduate diploma) in Business Law from the University of Clermont-Ferrand (Valedictorian)
- 1995 — Master's degree in business law and judicial careers - University of Poitiers
- 1994 — Certificate of Law from the University of Groningen (Netherlands) / Master's degree in foreign law - University of Poitiers